Feeling tired and run down? You're not alone. Vitamin B-12 is mostly found in animal products, but even meat-eaters may not be getting enough. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported in 2000 that 39% of individuals tested had low-to-normal levels of B-12 in their blood. 17% had levels low enough to cause symptoms of deficiency.
Contains Methylcobalamin, the preferred form of vitamin B12. Methylcobalamin is active in the body immediately upon absorption while the cyanocobalamin form must be converted to an active form prior to utilization. Numerous studies suggest that vitamin B12, vitabin B6 and Folic Acid play an important role in optimizing homocysteine levels in the body.
- Chewable sublingual tablet
- Vital supplement for vegans and vegetarians
- A Hallelujah Diet Complement
- Vitamin B12 combined with Vitmin B6 and Folic Acid for maximum benefits
What is B12 good for?
If you thought, because you're a vegetarian or vegan you're not getting enough Vitamin B-12 in your diet, you'd be right, since the vitamin is not found in plant foods. However, our meat-eating cousins are not faring much better, either. An article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that appeared in 2000 reveals that 39% of individuals tested had low-to-normal levels of B-12 in their blood, and 17% had levels low enough to cause symptoms of deficiency.
After the results of research conducted by Dr. Michael Donaldson of the Hallelujah Acres Foundation revealed low levels of B-12 in 47% of the 54 subjects, it became clear that it is wise for everyone to be aware of their need for B-12, regardless of their diet. And for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet, including The Hallelujah Diet, it is vital to use a B-12 supplement. But which one? After reviewing the best of the best, we knew we could go one better.
Vitamin B-12 Benefits
- Maintains healthy nerve cells
- Maintains red blood cells
- Makes DNA, the genetic material in all cells
- Aids in proper digestion and the absorption of foods
- Helps with the synthesis of protein
- Helps metabolize carbohydrates and fats
- Plays an essential role in many other metabolic processes
- Aids in cell formation and cellular longevity
The Health Benefits of Folic Acid (Folate)
- For pregnant women and women who hope to become pregnant, Folic Acid plays a vital role in the healthy development of the fetus
- Crucial for a healthy heart
The Benefits of B-6 (Pyridoxine)
Pyridoxine is involved in more bodily functions than almost any other single nutrient. It affects both physical and mental health. (Prescription for Nutritional Healing)
- production of hydrochloric acid
- absorption of fats and proteins
- sodium and potassium balance
- promote red blood cell formation
- support for normal brain function
- absorption of B-12
- support of the immune system
- hormonal balance
You can read more about the vitamin on the National Institute of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements website: http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb12.asp. All of Hallelujah Acres supplements and snack foods pass our rigorous high standards, as set by The Hallelujah Acres Foundation, our scientific research division. We don't sell anything that we wouldn't use ourselves.
1 tablet daily or as directy by a health care professional. For best results dissolve under the tongue.
Servings Per Container
60 Servings per container
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCI) - 25mg
Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin) - 1,000 mcg
Folic Acid - 400mcg
Other Ingredients: Fructose, Mannitol, Natural Cherry Flavor, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silica
This is a Vegetarian Product